ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician
Grade 1 Certification Exam
This program is intended as a review in preparation for certification testing. It is not for instructional purposes. It is imperative that you study each of the individual sections of the course manual prior to the actual exam review session.
Our examiners suggest that you should read and review each section including the review questions, two to three times before the exam. Attendees should have a working knowledge of, and experience with, all of the testing methods that will be covered. Practicing these proficiencies prior to performance examination is strongly suggested.
The registration form linked below provides more information on the exam, locations, prices and PACA’s cancellation/transfer policies. If you have additional questions, please contact Kallie Kline at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the PACA office at 717.234.2603.
Winter / Spring 2016 Exam Dates
- Exam locations fill quickly.
- Seats cannot be guaranteed in each location if you wait to register.
- It is strongly advised to register early – at least 3-4 weeks before exam date.
- If you are waiting on a company check, it is recommended to email or fax registration form in advance to reserve seat – seat is not guaranteed until payment is received.
Registration Form for Winter / Spring 2016 Exams - AVAILABLE HERE
Please allow a 4-6 day response time to receive your registration confirmation before contacting the Association.
Registrations are date stamped according to the time they are received and seats are entered into the system in the order they are received by exam date.
Dates / Locations for Winter / Spring 2016 Exams
March 9-10, 2016
Bellefonte / State College, PA
March 23-24, 2016
April 6-7, 2016
Wilkes-Barre / Pittston, PA
April 13-14, 2016
New to the Industry or Need a Little Extra Instruction to Prepare to Take the Exam?
Consider taking the Tutorial Course highlighted below:
Concrete Field Technician Grade 1 Tutorial Class
Saturday, January 30, 2016
Saturday, March 19, 2016
How do I register?
If interested in attending a tutorial course for additional instruction/preparation to take an exam, download the registration form here.
Where are these classes held?
1035 Mauch Chunk Road
Bethlehem, PA 18016
Why should you attend this class?
If you are new to the industry, this is a tutorial to help you prepare for the ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician- Grade 1 Certification Exam.
This training includes:
- Hands-on training utilizing the actual equipment used for testing.
- Classroom review for the written test.
- Preparation for the seven standard tests commonly associated with sampling and testing fresh concrete in the field.
What do you need to do to prepare for the Tutorial Class?
- You will need to study the ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician Grade – 1 Workbook. This book must be either purchased with this tutorial registration OR it is included when you register for a certification exam session as listed above.
- Do all the questions at the end of the chapters and the sample test in your workbook
- Complete the practice test and bring to class.
ACI Concrete Flatwork Finishers Certification Course
March 15, 2016
New Enterprise Stone & Lime Co. , Inc.
Lancaster Area Office
3580 Division Highway
East Earl, Pa. 17519
A Concrete Flatwork Finisher/Technician is a craftsman who has demonstrated the ability to place, consolidate, finish, edge, joint, cure and protect concrete flatwork.
A Concrete Flatwork Technician is a person who is knowledgeable about proper procedures to place, consolidate, finish, edge, joint, cure and protect concrete flatwork, but who lacks sufficient work experience to qualify as a concrete flatwork finisher.
Need to Take the PennDOT Concrete Exam also? – Information is available here